You are invited to submit your artwork in our Earth Day exhibit “Solutions: Our Planet, Our Future.”
We are looking for artworks that visualize a positive future with more sustainable systems. The piece you enter should embody a feeling of optimism for an earth-friendly planet. Abstract work that conveys this feeling is also acceptable.
- Opening Night: Friday, April 7 from 5:30–7:30pm
- Show Dates: April 8 – May 1
- Venue: KISH Bank Expect More Store on S. Allen St.
Eric Markievich, Juror
I am honored to be selected as juror for this year’s Earth Day art show, and I look forward to speaking with the artists and attendees to this monumental show. Earth Day is a celebration of our home planet as much as it is a call to raise awareness of environmental issues concerning all earthlings. We as intelligent human beings have a unique power to both create and destroy, and I believe that our visual art can offer a profound communication to the public. This may be a message of hope and admiration in the capture of beauty in the natural world, or it may be a shocking call to action. With visual art there are many aspects to consider, both as art maker and art viewer, however, for this Earth Day exhibition we will all come together with one unifying message, appreciation for the planet we call home.
- Penn State University, BA ART sculpture, drawing and painting focus, 2001
- Lander University, M.A.T, K-12 Art Teacher Certification, 2009
- Art Alliance member, 2012 to present
- Bellefonte Art Museum, 2019 to present
Each artist may submit one piece. 2-D and 3-D works that have not received awards in previous Art Alliance shows are eligible. All works must be original.
All work must adhere to the theme “Solutions: Our Planet, Our Future,” with artworks that embody a feeling of optimism for an earth-friendly planet. For ideas use the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals as pictured below and/or visit their website.
Entry Process and Fee
Entry is not juried and is open to artists of all ages. Art Alliance members will receive a Call for Entry notification postcard by mail; printed forms will not be mailed.
The entry fees are:
- $30 for Art Alliance members
- $40 for non-members
- $20 for H.S./college students
- Free for Middle and Elementary students
Entry to the show is a 2-step process. Please complete both of these steps to ensure your artwork is entered. The entry form and non-refundable fee are due by Thursday, March 30, 2023.
- Fill out the entry form
- Pay the entry fee (if you do not see the Earth Day listing, please select on “Earth Day Exhibition” in the Search Options box and click “search” as pictured below)
Prizes & Opening Reception
Place awards and Honorable Mentions will be announced at the Opening Reception March 7, 5:30–7:30 pm at the KISH Bank Expect More Store S. Allen St. State College, PA. Appetizers and drinks are generously provided by KISH Bank.
First place prize is $200, second place $150, third place $100.
Prepare Your Artwork
Make sure your work is securely wired and ready to hang.
- Poorly framed work, unframed work, clips, brackets, partial frames, or wet work will not be accepted.
- Artwork may not hang from the ceiling or exceed 4’x4’ in a wall hanging.
- Unframed stretched canvases are acceptable if they have finished sides and secure wiring.
- All pieces under glass or plexiglass must be framed.
- 3-D work may not exceed 100 lbs. and must fit within a 2’x2’ pedestal surface. The piece must be stable in its position and securely attached to its base.
- No floor pieces.
The chair reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet these requirements and will have the final decision on how the work is displayed.
Artwork Drop Off & Pick Up
Artists are expected to deliver and pick up their work on the dates and times listed below. If you have a conflict, arrange for someone to drop off or pick up on your behalf. Artworks may not be stored at the Art Alliance. The Art Alliance is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
- Tuesday, April 4 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- KISH Bank Expect More Store
- Tuesday, May 2 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- KISH Bank Expect More Store
Sales and Conditions
The Art Alliance charges a 20% commission of the selling price for work by Art Alliance Members sold at the show. Work sold by non-members will incur a 30% commission.
Please contact Show Chair Jennifer Kane at email@example.com; or the Art Alliance at (814) 234-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.