Pen and Ink/Colored Pencil Drawing
Instructor: Maggie Scotilla, email@example.com
Learn how to create more depth in your drawings with cross-hatching techniques and other mark making methods. This class will focus on creating artwork with pen and ink as well as colored pencils with the hope that each artist will gain confidence using these tools separately as well as together. We will primarily explore drawing subjects from nature as practice but each student should bring images of pieces they would like to work on.
- Package of Pigma brand Micron pens- the pack with 8 pens ranging from size .005-GR is a great starter pack and allows lots of exploration with different line thickness. (Can be found at nearly all art stores) Feel free to bring other ink pens you enjoy. Some artists really love the feel of ballpoint pen too.
- Either a set of Prismacolor colored pencils (found at Michaels) or a set of Faber Castell Polychromos (my preferred brand but not carried at Michaels…can be found at Dick Blick or Uncle Eli’s or amazon). Make sure the set includes a white pencil. We can discuss some other white pencils I prefer in class and I will bring some for people to test and try.
- Strathmore white drawing paper (9×12 inch) or Strathmore white mixed media paper.
- Strathmore Toned Tan Mixed Media paper (9×12 inch 184lb) this toned tan is great for layering whites and other light colors. Can be found at Michaels and is often on sale.
- Make sure to have some good erasers as well as a pencil sharpener. I also like to have a set of regular graphite pencils too.
$140 (members) $170 (non-members)