Wednesdays, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
January 10 – February 28 (8 weeks)
with instructor Maggie Scotilla
Want to learn to draw beautiful plants and flowers, maybe with a few critters added in? Join this collaborative class to learn proportion strategies, color choice, and techniques to add depth to your drawings and bring them to life. We will explore local trees, plants and flowers as well as interests of the class participants. This class will focus on color pencil and ink work but other media is also always welcome.
- Package of Pigma brand Micron pens- the pack with 8 pens ranging from size .005-GR is a great starter pack and allows lots of exploration with different line thickness. (Can be found at nearly all art stores) Feel free to bring other ink pens you enjoy. Some artists really love the feel of ballpoint pen too.
- Either a set of Prismacolor colored pencils (found at Michaels) or a set of Faber Castell Polychromos (my preferred brand but not carried at Michaels…can be found at Dick Blick or Uncle Eli’s or amazon). Make sure the set includes a white pencil. We can discuss some other white pencils I prefer in class and I will bring some for people to test and try.
- Strathmore white drawing paper (9×12 inch) or Strathmore white mixed media paper.
- Strathmore Toned Tan Mixed Media paper (9×12 inch 184lb) this toned tan is great for layering whites and other light colors. Can be found at Michaels and is often on sale.
- Make sure to have some good erasers as well as a pencil sharpener. I also like to have a set of regular graphite pencils too.
non-members / $140 members