What is a SQUARE?
Squares are tiny pieces of art created by Art Alliance members, friends, and members of the community—all with widespread artistic capabilities—and donated to the Art Alliance to support our year-round classes, workshops, pop ups, and summer camps. SQUARES will be available for purchase online, are sold on a first-come-first-served basis, and they are all priced the same. They are terrific gift ideas and fun to place in small spaces.
Squares are an object of your creation and you may make as many you like! The only restriction is the finished piece must be no larger than 6″x6″x6″ and your signature may only be on the back of the artwork.
Some ideas for creating your SQUARE:
- Drawings (artist’s choice of surface, tools, and subject matter)
- Paintings on stretched canvas, paper, or board
- Printmaking processes of all types on any surface
- Low relief fired ceramic works
- Mosaics (any materials)
- Handmade papers
- Recycled materials used in a representational way or as one of pure design
- Experimental materials and approaches like kiln melted glass
- Have the artist’s signature and title (optional) on the back of the work only
- Be unframed and free of hanging devices like wire, hooks, etc.
- Be a maxium of 6″x6″ for 2D artwork and 6″x6″x6″ for 3D artwork
Paper artworks should be attached to matboard, foamcore, plywood, or other rigid 6”x6” surface.
For more details, please refer to the Call for Entry.
- Drop off for donated SQUARES: October 14 from 4-6:00 pm at Art Alliance Center
- Preview of SQUARES: October 20 at 6:00 pm
- SQUARE sales begin: October 21 at 6:00 pm
- Last day to purchase SQUARES: October 31
Find all Updates
Save time scrolling through all of the news articles to find SQUARE Show information by going directly to the SQUARE 2022 page. You can get there via the main navigation by clicking on Exhibitions > Art Alliance > SQUARE Show 2022.